- I’m wearing my pajamas and a hoodie and my hoodie is on my head and I realize this has become a comforting habit of mine. If my hair happens to be pulled back, Steve says I look bald. If it’s down, I look ADORABLE. I just took a picture to prove it. Mid-take Steve came down the stairs and mocked me for self-portraiting. Again. Jerkface.
- All twenty four things won’t be that long-winded, I swear.
- Emma was in her first film today. It was ridiculously cool.
- I ran today for the first time in I don’t know how long and it was successful, but I wore shoes I’d never run in before and the outside of my right arch is having a hissy fit. I can barely put pressure on it.
- I’m taking it as a sign from the universe that I should probably never exert energy again.
- Don’t look at me like that.
- Twenty four things might be a stretch.
- A long, stretchy, stretch.
- But I refuse to break my Nablopomo streak with only seven days to go.
- I came up with a bit of a schedule for my days until I got back to work because I sometimes get to the end of my days and have no idea what I’ve done and feel terrible that it’s mostly been nothing.
- I mean, I know I’m on a sick leave, but I’d be pissed if I were Steve to come home to a kitchen that looks like a science experiment.
- Steve never complains, but it would be a gooder to save up for one of our really big fights if he was totally stumped. “Well… oh yeah… you… you’re… I HATE OUR KITCHEN.” I would just have to hug him, because I get it.
- OH MY GOD WE’RE ONLY ON NUMBER THIRTEEN.
- My friend Lynne shared a cute video on my last entry, and you should watch it.
- And then my friend Jocelyn shared one, too, and it didn’t make me cry the way it made her cry, but it made me love people even more than I already do. Watch it, too.
- I bought bright red hair dye tonight and I’m going to dye it in the morning. My hair dresser isn’t available for a while and I’m too impatient to wait. I’ve wrecked my hair a few times doing it on my own, but it never stops me from trying.
- I saw a lady from school today and it (not her, she’s lovely) immediately made me feel guilty for being off work. Fuck that. I’m allowed.
- Oh gad, I can still smell those rotting flowers on my counter. Oh, I didn’t tell you. I tweeted about those yesterday. I still don’t like flowers as presents. I love the givers, hate the gift. They never throw themselves out. The flowers, not the givers. The givers never throw themselves out either, but I like that about them. Hate it about the flowers.
- I bought ripple chips today and I’m really wishing I’d gone all out and bought some herb and garlic dip to go with them.
- I have a pig story that I’ve been trying to write for about four years and for some reason I get stuck after adding a sentence or two. I’m going to make it a goal to get it up before November is done. It’s a great story. Pigs make everything good. Especially bacon.
- Hey, Nonie, just know that I’m only going red because you’re so bitchy about my pink hair. You won’t win forever though, crankypants. I’ll be pink again some day. MARK. MY. WORDS. And my hair. #ihavenoidea
- Wouldn’t it be cool, if after some of our more bizarre sentences in face-to-face conversation, hashtags popped up over our heads? #lessconfusion #maybenot
- I’ve started watching Parenthood on Netflix. I’m on season 2. Almost every episode has made me cry. But chips and dip they need to stop talking over each other. Especially that one family with the blonde wife who isn’t a sister. GAD. #tvtalkisboring
- TWENTY FOUR. YAY.
- One more thing (I ripped you off on that last one, anyway): Steve just told me that two of his web-geekery friends told him they’ve read back through my whole blog because they love it that much. Well I’ll be gobsmacked and head-swollen. People generous with love make my world go round.
I love all you, peeps. Thanks for reading my hib nob babble every single day this month. (Just nod even if you haven’t.) You have excellent taste. Let’s have a slumber party soon, okay? I’ll bring the chips and dip. You bring more dip.
Please join the Truthfully Facebook page.
Joining up with Yeah Write for BlogHer’s NaBloPoMo. No guilt. Just fun.