There’s stuff going on over here:
- I moved out of my office at school yesterday. I am officially no longer employed as a teacher. An hour and a couple of tears and 9 years of my life is packed away in our crawl space. Hold me?
- You guys—I actual factual did something that terrified me and I’ve landed on this page in my Create Your Own Adventure book. I like this page.
- I started a Life List here. I added and checked off goals I completed that I’m especially proud of. It’s how I write lists. No judging, judger.
- I would like to point out on January 18th I added “Attend Blogher” and “Speak at a conference.”
- Today is the first time I’ve told anyone about this list. Including Steve.
- I’ve wanted to attend Blogher since it started in 2005. My plan was to make it happen within the next 3 years.
- I’ve been watching Steve speak at conferences for years. I tell myself I couldn’t do it. It scares me. I’ve become the person who does the things that scare her.
- Three days ago on January 28th (ten days after putting those things out into the universe), I found out I’ll be speaking at Blogher ’13. I KNOW.
- Steve is leading a session called ”Hot Mobile Sites: How to Get One via Responsive Content and Design.” Blogher wanted two people leading the session to create an interactive feel. A little of this and some of that swooshed about and lo!—I became person two.
- I AM PERSON TWO.
- My life is the funnest.
Like Truthfully on Facebook. I offer free nose-hair trimming tips there. (No I don’t.)